Little drops of water
Little grains of sand
Make the mighty oceans
And the pleasant land....

I had learnt this hymn in my convent school in childhood, but today when I recall, I find the words more relevant than ever.
These words hold true in so many ways. Be it investments, be it marriage, be it parenting, be it making friends, be it losing weight, be it your career goals...
Even overnight success doesn't happen overnight. It has been in the making for long. Its just the manifestation which is visible to us. The efforts, the struggles are concealed, but they are very much present. Ups and downs are a part of every single journey. The only thing that is important is, to remain consistent. As they say, you have not failed until you quit.
It is important to put one step forward EVERY SINGLE DAY.
It is important to look back and take into account, the distance you have covered and gauge the distance you still have to go. Take a breath, take a pause and then keep going.
Each year teaches you so many new things.
This year taught me Patience and perseverence.
This year I did achieve many of my career goals. But the struggle is far from over. New challenges emerge. Each day brings in new choices, new possibilities. It is exciting and rejuvenating. Isn't that what we all want from life, to learn, to mature and to evolve as human beings...
I look forward to what 2019 has in store now....
Happy new year everyone! Cheers!!
Little grains of sand
Make the mighty oceans
And the pleasant land....
I had learnt this hymn in my convent school in childhood, but today when I recall, I find the words more relevant than ever.
These words hold true in so many ways. Be it investments, be it marriage, be it parenting, be it making friends, be it losing weight, be it your career goals...
Even overnight success doesn't happen overnight. It has been in the making for long. Its just the manifestation which is visible to us. The efforts, the struggles are concealed, but they are very much present. Ups and downs are a part of every single journey. The only thing that is important is, to remain consistent. As they say, you have not failed until you quit.
It is important to put one step forward EVERY SINGLE DAY.
It is important to look back and take into account, the distance you have covered and gauge the distance you still have to go. Take a breath, take a pause and then keep going.
Each year teaches you so many new things.
This year taught me Patience and perseverence.
This year I did achieve many of my career goals. But the struggle is far from over. New challenges emerge. Each day brings in new choices, new possibilities. It is exciting and rejuvenating. Isn't that what we all want from life, to learn, to mature and to evolve as human beings...
I look forward to what 2019 has in store now....
Happy new year everyone! Cheers!!
Comments
Post a Comment